About Saltwood Care Centre
Saltwood Care Centre provides high quality residential & nursing care in a warm, friendly and welcoming environment.
Located on Tanners Hill in Hythe, Kent - the home is a short walk from Hythe High Street and Saltwood Village.
Originally built over 100 years ago as a convalescent home for London Transport staff, the building has been much improved and extended to now provides 66 single bedrooms, most of which have en-suite facilities. The magnificent building sits in landscaped gardens, with a beautiful terrace and stunning sea views.
The home has three lounges, two of which overlook the gardens and enjoy views out to sea. A sophisticated dining room for a wonderful dining experience.
Home Manager - Sophie Betts
Hi! My name is Sophie and I am the Registered Manager here at Saltwood Care Centre, Hythe Kent.
I have worked in the health care sector since 2008, I have worked in various different roles and developed my skills along my journey. I have worked for both private and public health providers.
I worked previously as a home manager and have supported a range of needs throughout my career including specialist Dementia and nursing care. I have gained qualifications such as my NVQ 5 in management & leadership.
I am passionate about delivering a high standard of care and making a difference to peoples lives. For any person, family member or loved one, choosing a care home can be understandably difficult and my aim is to make the transition as smooth as possible with care and understanding to all involved.
Sophie leads her team by example – being open, honest and passionate about providing the best person-centred care for all residents. Sophie takes pride in her work, always giving her best and ensuring that Saltwood Care Centre is a special place for residents, their families and the team at Saltwood.
Visit our Facebook page to see the activities we have in the home
Saltwood Facebook Page
Our facilities include:
- Quality furnishings and decor throughout the home
- Free wifi provided throughout
- Cinema room offering a wide choice of movies
- Lift access to all areas of the building
- Bath and shower facilities suitable for all residents’ needs
- Hairdressing room
- Wheelchair access to all areas within the home
- Comprehensive selection of moving and handling equipment
- Ample free parking on and off site
- Unrestricted visiting
- 66 comfortable rooms with TV/DVD, Nurse Call System
- Majority of rooms have en-suite facilities
- All beds are fully profiling and can accommodate bed rails if required
- Wide range of pressure relieving mattresses and cushions
- Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms
- Some rooms with private patio areas
- Large, airy and spacious building
- Choice of tastefully decorated and spacious communal areas
- Two South-facing verandas overlooking the gardens
- Recently extended and refurbished to a high standard
Our care services include:
- Long and short term stays
- Palliative care
- Care for those suffering with Dementia
- Post-acute rehabilitation
- Individually assessed and focussed care plans with monthly reviews
- Regular and varied programmes of activities including entertainment
- Daily menu choices with a variety of nutritious, home cooked meals
- Experienced team of nurses on duty 24 hours a day
- Hairdresser and Chiropodist
- Respite stays
- Individual assessment and care plans with monthly reviews
- Library Service
- Laundry Service
- Church Services
- All staff undertake regular training and appraisals
We provide a wide range of daily therapeutic and leisure activities for those residents who wish to take part. Favourites include arts and crafts, bingo, games and films. We regularly hold events to which families and friends are welcomed as well as providing special entertainment from external organisations. All residents who have a special interest or hobby are encouraged and, if practicable, facilitated to enable them to continue. We have a varied selection of books including large print and talking books. Newspapers and magazines can also be delivered at extra cost.
Visit our Facebook page to see our residents enjoying wonderful activities
Saltwood Facebook Page
Programme of Activities
- Musical entertainment
- Therapy pets
- Story telling
call : 01303 762575
fax : 01303 238785
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hythe CT21 5UQ