About Balgowan House
Balgowan House Residential and Nursing home is located close to the picturesque Saltwood Village Green, in Hythe Kent.
Balgowan House was originally built over 100 years ago as an impressive family house. The building now provides a warm and friendly environment for our residents to reside.
A welcoming lounge and large conservatory area offers a comfortable, family feel.
The outside area is a beautiful courtyard, with flower pots, tables and chairs and tranquillity for the residents to relax and enjoy.
Manager - Ann-Marie Miles RGN
Ann-Marie qualified as a State Enrolled Nurse in 1983 and later as a Registered General Nurse in 2002, gaining both clinical and management experience within the NHS in both hospital and district nursing environments.
Ann-Marie was appointed to the position of Registered of Balgowan House in May 2018 having previously been Registered Manager at another Kent care home.
Visit our Facebook page to see the activities we have in the home
Balgowan Facebook Page
Our facilities include:
- Quality furnishings and decor throughout the home
- Bath and shower facilities suitable for all residents’ needs
- Comprehensive selection of moving and handling equipment
- Ample free parking on and off site
- Unrestricted visiting
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wheelchair access to all areas of the home
- Comfortable rooms with TV/DVD, Nurse Call System
- All beds are fully profiling and can accommodate bed rails if required
- Wide range of pressure relieving mattresses and cushions
- Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms
- Twin rooms available for those that wish to share
- Choice of tastefully decorated and appointed communal areas
- Attractive and accessible patio areas
- 2 Passenger lifts serving all areas
Our care services include:
- Long and short term stays
- Palliative care
- Care for those suffering with Dementia
- Post-acute rehabilitation
- Care plans focussed on the specific needs of each person with monthly reviews
- 24 hour nursing care provided by highly experienced staff
- Experienced nurses on duty 24 hours a day
- Daily menu choices with a variety of nutritious, home cooked meals
- Varied programme of activities including regular entertainment
- Hairdresser and Chiropodist
- Library Service
- Church Services
- All staff undertake regular training and appraisals
We provide a wide range of daily therapeutic and leisure activities for those residents who wish to take part. Favourites include arts and crafts, bingo, games and films. We regularly hold events to which families and friends are welcomed as well as providing special entertainment from external organisations. All residents who have a special interest or hobby are encouraged and, if practicable, facilitated to enable them to continue. We have a varied selection of books including large print and talking books. Newspapers and magazines can also be delivered at extra cost.
Visit our Facebook pages to see our daily activities
Balgowan Facebook Page
Programme of Activities
- Musical entertainment
- Therapy pets
- Story telling
call : 01303 763801
fax : 01303 269326
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
46 Bartholomew Lane
Hythe CT21 4BX